TGV trains offer a great variety of services for passengers. There is plenty of space for luggage and a buffet car on all TGV trains. Take a look below for more information about TGV services.
You can take 2 bags or suitcases plus 1 piece of hand luggage on board per passenger.
Spaces for large luggage can be found at the end of each carriage.
All luggage must be clearly labelled.
Good news, you can take your beloved pets with you on board TGV services.
- Domestic animals in pet carriers and larger dogs require a ticket for travel. Guide dogs travel for free.
- Small pets must travel in a pet carrier no larger than 45x30x25cm and no heavier than 6kg.
- Each passenger can bring up to 2 dogs or 2 pet carriers.
- Large dogs must be kept on a lead and muzzled.
Pet tickets do not have to be purchased in advance. They can be purchased at the station on the date of travel. Pets will not get a reserved seat; they have to remain by the customer's feet for the duration of the journey.
TGV trains are well equipped with facilities for both disabled travellers and their companions.
- Wheelchair and companion spaces are available in the First Class carriages.
- The disabled toilets are located near the wheelchair spaces.
- Manual and electric wheelchairs can be taken on board as long as they are no larger than 125x75cm.
To book a wheelchair space please call our specialist agents: Ultima Travel on 0151 339 6171 or Switzerland Travel Centre on 020 7420 4934 (calls to these numbers cost up to 9p per minute plus your phone company's access charge).
Some TGV trains have special storage spaces for fully assembled bikes. Expect to pay around £10 per space. Bike spaces can only be reserved via our call centre and must be reserved at the same time as booking your ticket.
To reserve your bike space and book your ticket, please call us on 0844 848 5848 (calls to this number cost 7p per minute plus your phone company's access charge).
Alternatively, you can take your bike in a bike bag free of charge, so long as it is no bigger than 120x90cm. This will count towards your luggage allowance.
There is a buffet car on all TGV trains, serving hot and cold meals.
There is also an on-board vending machines sell drinks and snacks.
You can also bring your own food and drink onto the train, including beer and wine should you wish to.